DATA – LIFE BLOOD OF YOUR ORGANISATION
To build the trustworthy and profitable global Information Technology Company that fulfills our customers dreams of improving their business by providing high quality software and services
To be a world class company of choice for businesses and individuals seeking to have technology as an integral part of their business ecosystem that profits in growth through Information Communication Technology.
To give it 101% all the time and never give up in overcoming any limitations towards achieving our goals and going beyond what is expected.
CASE STUDY: SCANNING, DIGITIZATION AND CATALOGING OF KENYA NEWS AGENCY MULTIMEDIA ASSETS
PROBLEM FOR KENYA ARCHIVES:
Photos in the KNA Library are a national treasure. The images and negatives are stored in metal cabinets at the KNA offices in Uchumi House. Without air-conditioning or special protection from improper handling, dust, mold or insects, the risk of damage and deterioration to the collection is high. Due to the nature of photographic materials, the paper they are printed on is also deteriorating.
Moreover, the collection is currently underutilized due to difficulty of retrieving the photos, lack of an adequate index to the holdings, and lack of awareness by the public of its existence. This has resulted in potential consumers missing out on this wealth of information, as well as an opportunity for the Government of Kenya to sell reprinting rights to persons and institutions which may wish to purchase the photos for their own use. Thus, it represents an untapped source of revenue for the Government
SOLUTION PROVIDED BY NEXT
Next Technologies was contracted by KNA to carry out the project of digitizing the Assets. The breakdown of the proposed solution/process is as below.
- Prepare records for scanning and identify priority subject areas.
- Scan all records: photos, slides, negatives, film, tape, documents.
- Migrate electronic files to multimedia management system.
- Capture metadata.
- Reconstruct and arrange assets.
SERVICE ORIENTED ARCHITECTURE
CASE STUDY: REPLACING THE NATIONAL TREASURY EXISTING POINT TO POINT COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ORACLE BASED IFMIS & OTHER GOK ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS WITH ORACLE SOA
NATIONAL TREASURY PROBLEM:
- Lack of consistency in integration between enterprise systems (Internally and with external entities).
- Replace existing point to point communication between Oracle based IFMIS and other GOK enterprise systems.
- Flexibility & Ease use of the existing interfaces.
- Real time integration of process and activity monitoring.
SOLUTIONS PROVIDED BY NEXT:
- Replaced their existing point to point communication between Oracle based IFMIS and other GOK enterprise systems with Oracle SOA suite based integrations.
- Automated data flow in order to provide consistency of integration between enterprise systems (Internally and with external entities).
- Created new interfaces/ re-use existing interfaces easily, flexibly and faster.
- Provided graphical dashboards to management/ support team with real-time integration process activity monitoring, transactions monitoring, detailed transaction flow and error handling
Next Technologies Limited has successfully supplied, installed, implemented, trained and supported Oracle Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) through their demonstrated professionalism and technical capabilities, they have been able to;
- Replace existing point to point communication between Oracle based IFMIS and other GOK enterprise systems with Oracle SOA suite based integrations.
- Automate data flow in order to provide consistency of integration between enterprise systems (Internally and with external entities).
- Create new interfaces/ re-use existing interfaces easily, flexibly and faster.
- Provide graphical dashboards to management/ support team with real-time integration process activity monitoring, transactions monitoring, detailed transaction flow and error handling
We confirm that as the managing entity for JKIA that Next Technologies Ltd have been instrumental in supplying and setting up Cisco Wireless Solutions for various wireless objectives that are critical to airline tenant occupation and propriety airline systems.
Next Technologies Ltd has also supplied, implemented and trained our staff on the Cisco Solution for Datacenter with focus on Cisco Flex pod for Enterprises.
Working with them has enabled us to build a sound foundation on our strategy by having a service delivery platform that is expected by KAA in its ICT infrastructure endeavour.”
Next Technologies Ltd has a committed and talented staff with great customer service who look after our IT interests. Next Technologies Ltd has supplied Mastermind Tobacco Kenya with close to 90% of ICT Related equipment and services detailed as follows:
- Design and Set up of our new Data Center, which includes Cisco Blade Centre, Blade Servers, VMware and NetApp.
- Supply and Installation of computer hardware and network devices that mainly consist of Cisco Switches, Computers and Computer peripherals.
- Network Security, Windows OS management for both server stand Users
- Management of LAN & WAN Switches.
- Application Virtualization based on Citrix to allow us to have access to ERP application from within and out of the organization.
Through the SLA, all our hardware and Server software have been successfully managed by Next Technologies since 2006 to date.
Next Technologies is a true partner to work with and have a broadened their partner by also providing financial and phased solutions for adoption of the appropriate technologies that we require.
Next Technologies has been of service to us and some of the areas we have worked closely together include Cisco Items Including Switches, Routers, Contact Centre, IP Telephony and Support for the Cisco Contact Center other related accessories across our Network.
They have demonstrated professionalism and good technical capabilities to us.
We are happy with their services and we do recommend them to any Institution/ organization seeking a resilient unified communication solution.
United States International University- Africa (USIU) has been working with Next Technologies Limited for the last two (2) years on several projects including security using Cyberoam UTMs.
The original deployment used a 500ia to provide security between our teaching labs and the rest of the LAN environment. This solution was very effective and demonstrated the capacity of the units and Next Technologies in meeting our requirements.
Since then we deployed two (2) 2500iNG units to aggregate our internet capacity from two different suppliers and provide services to our diverse community of students, staff, faculty. With their help, we have also implemented a 500ia Cyberoam unit to manage our Wi-Fi network.
The team at Next Technologies has proven to be competent and professional in addressing not only our design and deployment requirements but support as well.